If I ever owned a teeny cafe bakery, it would look thusly:
- excellent sweet and savory pies varying in diameters from little tart-sized to full pie-sized
- nondescript entrance at the side of a building
- chalkboard signage at the door, over the counter, on the street, everywhere!
- a neon sign that urges, “EAT PIE”
- pies have a crackly, sugary crust
- includes, in its offerings, pear raspberry pie (great with Cakebread Cellars 2004 Zinfandel)
- be just like Mission Pie (2901 Mission St., San Francisco, but the entrance is on the southeast side of 25th Street.)
Go forth, jubilant pie eater, to Mission Pie!